Become a little smarter each day
- Learn How to Read A Book. Seriously. (And Remember And Use What you Read.)
- Let Warren Buffett Tell You How To Get Smarter
- Time is no excuse. (Also see An 18-Minute Plan for Managing Your Day And Finding Focus)
- Learn How to Make Hard Choices
- Use A Two-step Process for Making Effective Decisionsand pay attention to How We Can Improve Our Decisions.
- Follow Daniel Kahneman's Favorite Approach For Making Better Decisions and keep a Decision Journal.
- Stop trying to be smart and start Avoiding Stupidity
- Learn 5 Simple Notions that Help Solve Problems
- Don't read for other people's opinions, read for facts and then think.
- The Single Most Important Change You Can Make In Your Working Habits
- Create A ‘Stop Doing’ List and while we're on the subject see 9 Habits You Need to Stop Now.
- Learn to Think Backward and Forward
- Question Assumptions.
- Learn Winning An Argument, because it will help you get the most information and learning from the conversation (and win the argument.)
- Use the Feynman Technique to make sure you understand things.
- You can't really know anything unless you understand your Circle of Competence. And you can't really understand your CoC until you do The Work Required To Have An Opinion. Learn to Consider the Other Side.
- Learning is best when you connect it to things that you've already learned.